Sunday, May 27, 2018

California Road Trip Part II


When we rented a car while staying in La Jolla, I knew that we would want to drive up and down the coast visiting other areas. But, I have to say, one of the best parts of the trip was an early morning near Shell Beach (still in La Jolla). The color, the other worldly beauty! It honestly felt like I was back in Ireland.


Yes, so much beauty.


Another drive we took was to the Cabrillo National Monument. There are two sections of the area, and the back side was very remote. With views for miles, it felt like we had found the ends of the earth! Breathtaking, really.


The Cabrillo National Monument is part of the US Parks. You can still view/tour the lighthouse that is there. I love history and anything that is considered a "step back in time", so definitely right up my ally. Not to mention, you can get an amazing view of San Diego from that vantage point.


Also, getting to travel alone gives me a little time rekindle my love for photography. I forget how much I enjoy until I take my camera out again!


Pin for reference!


12 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos, Heather!!!
    Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, have to read part I x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! My cousins used to live in La Jolla and I always wanted to visit them as a kid. Now, I'm thinking it might make a fun family road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved La Jolla. It was so beautiful. Your pictures look absolutely amazing. It is fun to know that it isn't just a picture, the place is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather the photos are beautiful! I've been to La Jolla once while visiting San Diego and I absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty area! I love visiting lighthouses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sooo dreamy! I've never been out to the west coast, but I can't wait to visit someday. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous area!! It's on my bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful! I love being able to explore areas around the cities I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pics are always stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is definitely so much beauty in California! Your pictures are definitely doing it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful road-trip! I adore Cabrillo National Monument. It's one of my favorite spots in San Diego. The tidepools there are epic. Thanks for sharing your fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!