Thursday, May 10, 2018

Travel Love: SoCal Anniversary Style


Josh and I booked a trip to California via Southwest Vacations. It was my first to book through southwest, and honestly, it was SO easy, and very affordable. I love that you can research everything on your own, plug in your destination then fine tune the trip to fit your budget and vacation needs.



Also, I am always impressed with Southwest Customer Service. I've flown pretty much every airline within the US, and nothing compares to their friendliness and ease. Basically, they are the Chic-Fil-A of Airlines. Ha!


I visited California with my parents when I was a teenager, and I still vividly remember all the things that I fell in love with then. They are still my favorite things now as an adult. The weather, the coast, the small boutique beach towns. Everything feels tropical right down to the food. We arrived late afternoon and hit the ground running. First stop was visiting the Sea Lions & Seals located just steps from our hotel.


We tackled In & Out Burger on our second night. Josh grew up eating there regularly (he's from California), and I've heard about it a LOT from his family. It didn't disappoint. The person in front of us ordered extra sauce, so I copied them and did the same. Wise. ;) My only regret was not ordering a shake. I've heard rave reviews on their ice cream, but I'll be sure and try them again next time. ;)


Another foodie location that I was dying to try was Salt & Straw. I had heard about their ice cream via another blogger, and ya'll...it was LIFE CHANGING. There are simply no words. Okay, I have lots of words, but without further ado, my favorite flavor was Peanut Butter Stout Ice Cream. Part of me wants to cry that this ice cream is only available via West Coast...


Last, but not least, we rented a Camaro convertible for the trip. I had no idea I was a Camaro girl until now...oh me oh my...want a FUN car to drive. I think we could have drove the entire time and I would have been happy.

15 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like those tall palms. I haven't been to SoCal since San Diego when I was 10! I gotta get back to paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! We haven't been back to SoCal in 6 years, so it looks like we need to make another trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cali girl here and In & Out is the best. Looks like a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing you had such a good time. Yay! I want to visit California! Price is right... here I come, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been dying to make my way West! This post really make me jealous! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful trip! Jerry is from CA too so I'd like to visit someday. It's just SO far from us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing trip!!!!!
    The food alone would do it for me, but throw in that vehicle??
    Perfect!
    You two are a beautiful couple. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun trip -- I love California!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So glad that you were able to enjoy and have fun with Josh in California. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh we are temporarily in Cali for a contract job and I have so many emotions about leaving here. It's perfect. So glad you got to experience it with your love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food looks amazing! I would love to go there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. In and out looks so good! I wish we had locations where I lived so I could try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lot of fun - SoCal is such a 'year round' place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you guys had a fun trip! I agree, I love Southwest Airlines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing!! The food alone makes me want to go!! So glad you enjoyed!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!