Monday, July 6, 2015

A Sweet Little Surprise...


I feel like the last two months have been a whirlwind. It was the week before Memorial Day, and I had been feeling a bit off. I was nauseous almost every evening after dinner. I thought I might be catching something, so I tried to rest. When the nausea persisted, I realized there might be more to it. ;-) So, I took a pregnany test, and it was negative. We weren't really trying to expand our family just yet, but I couldn't help feeling just a tad disappointed. I tried going about the day, but I just felt like I needed to take another test.

So, I waited 24 hours, and took another test. It was negative too, so at that point, I thought it may be more wishful thinking than actual symptoms. We had a busy weekend planned, so I remember trying to get my mind off the nausea. However, when we showed up at a big get together, I distinctly remember needing to well, for the lack of better words, hurl. I went to find some ice water, and sit down until the feeling passed. I was really worried that I was indeed sick, so I was a bit embarrassed that I had showed up at a get together. The water helped, and the feeling passed. The rest of the weekend went by without anymore incidents, so I figured it was indeed a weird bug.

But, when I woke up on Monday morning, something else felt off. I couldn't explain, but this time I just KNEW I was right. I remember telling Josh I would get a different brand of pregnancy test. I drove across town to a drug store. I had to do the "akward chat" at the counter because I couldn't find the stinking things. Anyway, I got back home, took the test...and guess what??? The test didn't work. At this point, I'm in tears, and Josh was slightly stressed out (I may have been an emotional mess). He decided to buy another box with multiple tests, and to make sure they were digital. I felt so silly, because honestly, I should have done that in the first place. But, the cheap dollar store tests had worked just fine with my first pregnancy.

Needless to say, after almost a week of wondering, we finally had our answer. We were expecting!! It was quite the shock to be honest. Like I said, this wasn't necessarily our plan, but we know that God doesn't really go by "our books" or so to speak.

It's been very different, yet so much the same this time around! My symptoms are almost identical to my first pregnancy. Nausea in the evenings, and the only thing that helps subisde it is my good 'ol lemon water. The only difference, is that I feel a thousand times more exhausted. But, that might have to do more with chasing a one year old around the house.

We are so blessed, and excited to meet our little one!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!
    So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, congrats! Wishing you and your little family all the best with this new season, Heather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so happy for you guys and looking forward to all the pregnancy updates :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats & blessings to your growing family! hope your nausea subsides soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news, sweet girl! Happy x 18 for you! GO TAKE A NAP!

    *wink*

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I just saw this, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! That is awesome! :D I'm so happy and excited for y'all. ((Congratulation HUGS)) :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness how wonderful!! : )

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!