Wednesday, May 23, 2018

How To Make Money as A Stay At Home Mom




One of my favorite things about being a work at home mom is that I'm able to create a balanced schedule. I taught myself how to earn an income by working at home long before the kiddos came along.

My goal was a) I wanted to know how to generate income so that I COULD stay home, and b) I knew that my personality would need a creative outlet.

It has been a huge blessing to my family, and for that I am thankful.

How Do I Work From Home?


The first few years that I started working from home I focused on freelance writing. There were ample opportunities through various web sites and it gave me the most flexibility. 

What I Used: Freelancer.com & Textbroker

You can check out these web sites and see if it's a good fit! There are tons of options out there. Pinterest is also a great place to learn about other freelance writing gigs.

Other Ways to Earn Cash at Home


However, my favorite way to earn additional cash isn't so much a job as it is a hobby: consignment sales! I feel like this is such an untapped resource for moms...especially new moms! Very few of my friends take part in this, so I thought I would share a few of the benefits.

Every year, I participate in 2-3 consignment sales. I clean out kids clothes, shoes, toys, books, movies, games, outdoor items, etc. I price according to the sales guidelines. The money I make from each sale then can be used for the next season of clothes, date nights, etc. I earn money and clear out clutter: what's not to love?

I have also used sites like Ebay & ThredUp to earn extra money from time to time, too. 

Have you participated in any of these outlets? If so, I'd love to hear!

7 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! I would love to take this leap! Thank you Heather ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I have done most of thes things over the years. All great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked from home for about 14 years. Before I started my business, I did transcription from home. I LOVED IT!!! It was a great way to make a little bit of income and still be able to raise my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. I haven't done any of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being self employed and working from home! I am very fortunate to have been able to turn my blog into my full-time job and helps a ton with the bills while I'm home with our daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love how blogging has allowed me more time to work from home! It’s all about finding your niche:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought to do consignment sales, what a great idea! I have four boys so I'm constantly going through clothes and toys each season. I'll have to try that in the fall!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!