Monday, June 25, 2018

Last Text Message



Last year, when we lost my Grandmother unexpectedly I remember thinking I wish I had something around my home to remember her by.

You see, when I was 14, I lost my Grandma Terri to cancer. I was very close to her, and I remember the grief coming like waves. Every night for weeks, months, and even years, I slept with the blankets that she made me. And now my entire family enjoys snuggling with them at night.

After Mimmie was gone, I wanted a simple reminder of her love that she had for us.

Fast forward a few weeks after her death, I was cleaning out my text messages when I realized I still had the last text that she had ever sent me. She had even included a message from my Papaw, who is now very Ill.

It may seem so trivial, but to me, it meant the world. I saved the image, and even posted it to my Instagram to look back on. I will also have it printed to frame for my gallery wall.

I love that God knows how much we need those little reminders. He is good.

3 comments:

  1. Yes.
    Yes He is.
    I love this, Heather.
    I love that you have this as part of the wonderful memories you will carry the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Heather. I"m so glad you have this message to keep ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on some of your posts that I missed ... Losing a grandparent is so difficult! Such a blessing that you had this text to remember her by. <3

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!