Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday Vol. 24



The weather...
It's sunny, and very cold. The snow still hasn't melted!

Right now I am...

Blogging, drinking coffee, and listening to Peppa Pig in the background (it's part of the girls morning routine)

Thinking... 

That this morning got off to a busy, but good start. Laundry is already going, the kitchen is clean, and I had my quiet time.

On my TV...

Poldark! I just started watching it over the weekend. It's already quite intriguing, and the cinematography is fantastic. I think it just may fill up the Downton Abby sized hole in my heart. Sorry for the dramatics. Hehe!

We also watched the new Jason Boune over the weekend. It did not disappoint! We also watched Sleepless in Seattle which is just as good the third or fourth time around as it was the first time! Such a perfect movie.

What I'm Reading... 

I just started reading "Everything I Never Told You", and quite honestly, I'm not enjoying it. It's a bit too morbid, and cold of a novel for my taste buds. I have also started my stack of quiet time books that I am hoping to work on over the course of the year. 

On the menu for this week...

Ham, Sweet Potatoes and Cornbread Dressing
Italian Chicken and Wild Rice
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Black Bean Taco Salad

On my to do list...

Speed clean
Fold Laundry
Make beds, tidy bedrooms, etc.
Work on baby books
Order photo prints

One of my simple pleasures...
Lighting a candle, sipping coffee reading or browsing pinterest. ;)

Link
ing Up with Diary of A Stay at Home Mom

7 comments:

  1. Love this, Heather.
    Especially Peppa Pig.
    Because she is the favorite here.
    Except for Olivia!
    Have your girls discovered her yet?
    Love the candle and coffee.
    Have a cozy morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A candle, coffee, and Pinterest or reading sounds about perfect. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Happy Homemaker Monday. Are you watching the old Poldark or the new? Both are excellent. Love your simple pleasures - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to watch Poldark too! I also want to watch PBS's Sherlock Holmes. So many good shows - so little time. ;) But with your endorsement now I may really have to give Poldark a go.

    Your menu sounds so cozy and YUMMY!! Big hugs to your adorable Girlies. Have a blessed week Hon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had Poldark on my viewing list for a while, but there are so many shows to watch. Especially as I think I am the only person in the world not to have seen Downton Abbey yet!
    Hope you get some lovely time to spend on your pleasures this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poldark is amazing, and actually my new crochet blanket is called Demelza and was created for the character in the show :) Your menu sounds delicious.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! How could I have forgot Candles as My simple pleasure well I guess because they are more of an addiction for me... I light several everyday. If you like to speed clean check out Stylemomxo on You Tube I have link on my HHM let me know what you think of her Power Hour-I have been loving it!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!