Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Weekend Away


We got to sneak off to the Ozark Mountains over the weekend. It was an early celebration for our seventh anniversary. We stayed in a delightfully "off the grid" type bed and breakfast. It's tucked just off the back highway from Mountain View. The rooms are decidedly stuck in time as they are well versed in antiques. The best part? Our room didn't have a television, phone, etc.


When we first arrived, we took a few minutes to walk the grounds. The landscape is what sold me on the place. They have a beautiful private lake, rolling land, and it's nestled at the base of a mountain. The setting was serene, and it felt like you'd stepped into another world. I desperately needed that time to unplug and recharge.


I had way too much fun setting up photos, and searching for perfect lighting. The grove of trees were beautiful, and we spent some time walking around. I grew up in the Ozarks, and honestly it made me realize how much I missed the area.



We also visited a nearby tourist attraction, Blanchard springs, known for it's waterfalls, and underground caverns. It is the perfect place to find a sliver of adventure.  Not to mention, the weather was perfect!



While in the Ozarks, you HAVE to have catfish. I mean, that's just the way it works around there! I've been to Jo Jo's On the River many times as a kid, and I was excited to take Josh. I don't think he has the same enthusiasm I do for green tomatoes or hush puppies, but ya'll they serve the BEST. I'm just sitting her drooling at the memory of them. I'll have to go back soon. ;)



So thankful for a weekend away!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my!
    What a beautiful place to spend some time away!
    Your photos are beautiful...
    Good for you, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful and almost magical place Heather! It's so good for parents to get away and just be a hubby and wife for a while. ;)
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely!! I am glad you guys were able to get away. We have our first trip planned this summer away from Emmett--I'm excited and nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This can be consequently attractive!! We are delighted anyone folks had the ability to vacation. We've got each of our 1st getaway organized this summer faraway from Emmett--I'm ecstatic along with worried!
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful weekend away. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!