Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm linking up with the simple woman's daybook! You can learn more here. Happy Tuesday!

Outside my window...
It's a sunny spring day with a cool breeze. I'm enjoying the colorful vibes from the flowers we planted over the weekend, and the pretty patio lights that Josh hung. His mom also gave us a new outside table to pair with our patio chairs. It's a happy little spot.

I am thinking...
There are people who choose bitterness as their poison. And while, at times, it seems impossible to shake off the ugly that they meant for harm, a good dose of prayer & an attitude check on my behalf will work wonders for my heart.
I am thankful...
For the memories we are able to make together as a family. For my hard working husband. For two girls who bring me a lot of joy!
I am wearing...
Yoga pants, and t'shirt. ;) It's pretty much 90% of my wardrobe! Haha.

I am creating...
Our family album (Project Life), Baby books for the girls, craft ideas for the kids.

I am going...
To stay home and catch up with housework/organizing/cleaning. I really enjoy days at home. I always feel more relaxed and at peace when I focus on our family instead of always being on the go.
I am reading...
Home by Julie Andrews 
The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I am hoping...
For a relaxing and quiet evening at home.

I am learning...
To forgive, move on, and let go. To cherish the moments. To live for Jesus. To just be happy with being me. And to stop comparing myself to others. 

In my garden...
Well, we bought a tomato plant, and a rose bush to plant this weekend. :)

In my kitchen...
Planning on breakfast for dinner tonight. Scrambled Eggs, Slices of Cheddar & White Cheddar Cheese, and blueberry muffins.
In the homeschool room...
Colors: We are working blue, green, red, yellow & orange.
Numbers: She likes to count to three. So I've been focusing on those numbers for now! I also let her watch the LeapFrog videos. They have some great counting songs.
Art: I try to set aside time for her to color or paint every day. 

A favorite quote for today...
I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

A peek into one of my days...
Yesterday: We were up by 7:30am. We ate breakfast, Evie watched Peg & Cat, I straigtened up the house, we spent some time on the back patio, worked on wooden puzzles, watched the Charlie Brown Movie, ate Indian food for dinner, and played outside when Daddy got home. We also had visitors! I did laundry, changed diapers, and managed to get a few things done on-line. It was a good day. :)

One of my favorite things...
Iced coffee sweetened with brown sugar & cinnamon. Blue skies. Home cooked meals.

5 comments:

  1. I love the peek into your day yesterday... it looks a lot like mine! :)
    How do you like Julie Andrews's book? It's on my list.
    And yes, I find that I get more accomplished and am in a better mood all around on the days when I can just be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90% of my wardrobe is capris and t-shirts.

    Iced coffee sweetened with brown sugar & cinnamon??? Yum!I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this!
    I reminds me of my life some years ago...
    Such lovely days.
    Enjoy, my friend!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog :) Your- i am thinking- so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your days sound wonderful. I, too, love your "I'm thinking..". I try for that each day myself. I'm anxious to hear how you like the Julie Andrews' book too. I've been thinking of getting it. I hope you are having a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!