Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pasta Primavera!


One of my favorite things about spring is that the weather is often suitable for outdoor dining. Even more so now that we finally have a table on our back patio! Josh's mom graciously offered us one, and we couldn't resist!


I had made pasta primavera last year, and I fell in love with it. It felt like the perfect meal for our dinner last night. So I got out a few different recipes, and combined the ingredients that I knew both Josh and I would love. Then again, my Italian husband loves just about any pasta. *wink*


The thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are healthy! Lots of veggies, herbs, olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt! The herbs are really the backbone of this meal which offsets the missing unhealthy ingredients often found in pasta. And since I eat a very limited amount of wheat, I substituted with a Quinoa blend penne shell that worked well.

But, I digress. Here's the yummy recipe!

Pasta Primavera

8 ounces of penne noodles (cooked according to directions)
1 half bell pepper, diced
1 half tomato, diced
1 cup of fresh spinach
1/2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
1/2 cup mixed cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon parsley
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon onion, diced
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, to taste

While cooking your pasta, add 2 T. of olive oil to skillet on meidum heat. Add onions & garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pepper is tender. Add dry seasonings. Drain pasta, and return to heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Add sheese, salt, and pepper.

Garnish with additional cheese, and enjoy! Sharing at Delicious Dish, today. :)

4 comments:

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!