Friday, February 12, 2016

Tot School: The Color Red


This week, Evie got to attend her first Valentine party. She didn't have a clue it was a party, but she certainly enjoyed playing with the kids. ;) The next day, I thought it would be fun to have a "red day" and work on some tot school together.

I've noticed she so curious, and eager to learn these days. Many times I find her pulling board books off the shelf, and studying the pictures. Her main sentence these days are, "What is this?" or "What is that?". I realize she is still so young, but I think a few minutes of "structured" learning wouldn't hurt. I dare say she enjoyed it due to the melt down afterwards (it was nap time). ;)

So for our first round of tot school we learned about the color red. We put on a red dress, ate a red apple, built a tower with red blocks, colored with red crayons, made red crafts, and used red water colors. Then throughout the day, I would point out other red items. It was fun! I'm ready to figure out another fun "color" day at home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes!!!
    Keep it up!
    Such wonderful memories of those fleeting days. : )
    Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! And looks like Evie was loving it. ;) Blessings for a wonderful Valentine's weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!