Thursday, July 16, 2015

What I've Been Reading


Thanks to the slower pace of summer, and the fact I've had some evenings by myself, I've had quite a bit of time to read. No complaining here, ha!


My mom gave me this copy a while back, and I just now sat down to read it. I'm still making my way through it, but it has been interesting so far. Basically MaCaulay presents an argument on why Classical Education is a preferred and sought after method. She shares insights from Charlotte Mason (whom I believe was considered a pioneer for Classical education). I'm still learning, and forming my ideas on what education should look like for our home. I tend to believe that every child's learning needs are very different and should be the basis for consideration while trying to balance traditional schooling vs. classical or other methods, etc.


I finished this book in about three days. It was an intense & action packed suspense novel. It was my first book by Singer, and I can whole heartedly say I'm a new fan. The main characters are very unique, and believe it or not...NOT very likeable at all. But, that lended to the unique aspect of the book. I really didn't have a favorite, instead enjoyed watching the mystery and suspense unravel. Also, I didn't see the end coming at all.


This was a fun, albeit, totally fluffy read. If I were to summon it up, I'd liken it to the Bachlorette meets Divergent. Ha! ;)

Anyway, those are a few of the books I plowed through over the last month or so. What have you all been reading?

2 comments:

  1. For the Children's Sake is a good book to dive into. Do you have The Charlotte Mason Companion? There's good stuff in that one, too. Thanks for the suggestions! I just finished The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and All The Light We Cannot See. I'm now reading Fahrenheit 451 for a book club and The Mapmaker's Children just because. I want to read Harper Lee's new one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Selection is definitely a fluffy read... but that's part of the reason I enjoy the series so much. Makes for easy reading that's nothing but fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!