Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday Vol. 6



On the weather front:
Very hot and humid.

On my bedside table:
A Bride Most Bedgruding by Deann Gist
The Marriage You've Always Wanted by Gary Chapman

On my TV:
We rented Paddington Bear to watch later tonight. :)

On the menu for this week:
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Ranch Chicken & Veggies
Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes
Lentil & Ham Soup
Breakfast Casserole

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep/Swiffer/Vacuum
Clean Bathrooms

New Recipe I tried last week:
I made a new pot roast recipe. I tasted pretty good, but I think next time I'll add onions for spice up the flavor a bit!

In the craft basket:
Just my Project Life album

Looking forward to:
Making a list of items for Evie in preperation for the big consignment sales headed our way. It's my favorite way to stock up!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Invest in a wax melter! I love mine and it always makes the house smell inviting. :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely.
    And cozy.
    You menu sounds good...I am a menu planner here too.
    If I don't have one planned, I feel so chaotic! : )
    Have a nice summer week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the wax melter. We were given a set for Christmas and LOVE them! I didn't realize what I was missing out on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the wax melter! Do you ever combine scents? I think that's one reason I love it even more than candles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy these lists. Happy for you, sweet homemaker.

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paddington Bear looks so cute - hope you enjoy your movie night!
    Your menu sounds delicious this week!
    I shop every fall and spring at a big consignment sale in my area too. Saves us so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a lovely beach colored wax melter from Bed Bath and Beyond last Christmas (I picked it out of course) and the kids love smelling the tarts when we are out and about to bring home for me. Hope you get a pretty one. Stopping by from HHM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read some of that Gary Chapman book, not sure why I never finished it. I do really like him. Hope you enjoyed your movie and that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!