Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Makeup Dupes


I absolutely love trying new make-up. I love it even more when it's a dupe of a favorite more expensive brand. I've learned over the last year or so that my skin has changed a LOT due to pregnancy. I've had to change up my routine a LOT.

I also spent a lot of time on Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube learning about drugstore options in order to save money while slowly chagning over my products. Here's a few of my favorite products that I have fallen in love with...


  • Maybelline's Age Rewind "Wand": This is such an amazing product. It even feels good when I put it on! I layer it with my dark under eye cream from elf, and it seems to help eliminate my dark circles when I take the time to put on make-up. And as any new mom knows, dark circles come with the territory. ;)
  • Elf Mineral Primer: I used to fork out the dough for expensive primers, but recently discovered them gem at Taret. It's only $6, plus it's a total dupe for Bare Minerals Primer. I am loving it!
  • Elf Brushes: I really, really needed new brushes, but didn't want to spend much. So, I read some review on Elf's brushes, and decided to give it a whirl. Their eyeshadow brush is my favorite, and I feel like it gives me great control when it comes to blending!
What are some of your favorite products?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, on the dark circles! :) I'll have to try more of the Elf products.

    I recently swapped to Revlon Colorstay foundation, and love it so much more than my old one. Sadly, I tend to stick with what I know works with my face, but sometimes experimenting works out well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen here too on the dark circles!! I need to try this "Wand" of which you speak lol!

    I am trying out Clinique's "All About Eyes" that I got for my birthday from my momma. I am really hoping it helps, but I haven't seen a lot of difference as of yet as far as eye bags. Probably one of my all time favorite make up products is Maybelline's "the Rocket Volum' Express" mascara. It is just the best mascara I have ever had!! I LOVE it. I have tried the lash extension mascara that is all the rave these days but it just did not work for me. This stuff, however, I depend on without fail!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!