Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Travel Love: Missouri Road Trip



On Saturday, we packed up our bags on what was supposed to be a day trip. At the last minute, we decided to make it our first mini vacation with the girls---gulp--and stay in a hotel. This allowed us to drive further into Missouri and take our time just getting away!

We stayed in Springfield, Mo at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is one that we've stayed at before, and I just love it. They offer a delicious breakfast, an indoor pool, and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff is always very helpful, and I'm impressed with how they make it feel like an escape from every day life. So nice!


The first night we ate at Culver's (I love their old-fashioned butter burgers!) and then headed straight to the hotel to let the girls swim. They both love the water, and Evie goes crazy when she sees "big" pools. She is most definitely our water baby.



The next morning we took our time enjoying breakfast, then headed off to visit the original Bass Pro Shop. This place is fun even if you aren't a big "outdoors" kind of person. There are indoor oversize fish tanks, turtle tanks, and even alligator's! Eek!


On our way home, we stopped at an Italian Restaurant that's a bit off beat. Hence the giant meatball picture above! Haha.

We made a few pit stops mainly for coffee, and ice cream. If you are ever in the Ozarks, visit the Keeter Center Creamery and try their Ice Cream. I had the Bob Cat Crunch that was loaded with all sorts of goodies nestled in creamy rich chocolate ice cream. It was sooooo good.

Well, that's a wrap. I'm ready to stay home for a few months to recover! I'm kidding. Sort of. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time! I remember loving the pools at hotels as a kid. That was the best part of our vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun trip! And now I'm hungry for ice cream - and butter burgers. Lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!