Friday, February 26, 2021

Our Haven, Our Home


For the last few months, I've made a conscious effort to keep my news intake to a bare minimum. 

I realized that it was effecting my moods and overall outlook. It was stark reminder to me that our home should always be our haven. A safe place from a noisy world.

When it comes to homemaking, we all have our ways of managing and maintaining. I love my role as a homemaker and whenever I start to feel the weight of the world, I find myself circling back to the basics. Working on my routine and finding simple ways to make our house a haven. I have messy, dazed days. But, I'm working hard to make that an exception, not the norm.

I want our kids to look back on these days with fond memories. What things to do they like? What little things bring them joy?? What makes my husband feel at peace after a long day of work?

So, I make hot chocolate and cookies. I light lamps and buy bouquets of flowers. I find new recipes to try. I pile up books and blankets for read aloud time. I set up a diffuser and reset our house every morning. I take time to read and exercise to make sure I don't burn out. And then I pray and pray some more. 

What ways do you work to make your home a haven?

2 comments:

  1. I’m in a really similar place, cutting back on outside influences and just focusing on homemaking more. I think it’s been as good for me as for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! It's kind of ironic this is the post i find today because I did some soul sharing on my blog today about pain my family is in and the prayers we could use. I believe so much in the power of prayer, so I'm right with you there! Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!