Sunday, October 11, 2020

Things And Such

The last few months have been filled with so many changes...friendships, relationships, moving, and day to day life. I thought I would document a few things...

Josh still works in Architecture. He has been with the same firm since we married. He really loves his job and I think he has enjoyed living closer to his office. When he's not at work he is busy doing projects with the girls. Every once in a while he still picks up his guitar! 

My days are full with homemaking and homeschooling. I love teaching my girls and thrive on learning along side them. I recently determined to find a new hobby for myself (growth mindset and all) which led to a new pack of chalk pastel and an art pad. My goal was to set an example for the girls to not be afraid to try something new! 

Moving has been harder on my heart than I thought it would be. But, there is always a purpose, right? I've been in a nesting mode ever since we moved! Trying to make it feel like home.

I recently purchased a few Memoria Press workbooks to add to our daily homeschool routine. I love the idea of steering us more towards a classical method of learning. I see both of my girls thriving with  a few minor tweaks here and there as we enter our 9th week of school!

We are reading aloud from Little House on the Prairie series and I have so enjoyed watching the girls fall in love with Laura and Mary. I've also had fun coming up with little crafts to go along with our read alouds! 

I also try to find time to read as much as possible. I've been on a Sally Clarkson and Karen Andreola kick over the last few weeks. However, I'm ready for a round of fiction again. I'm open to suggestions! ;)

Evie is six and such a delight to my heart. She is confident and hard working. Her art has really bloomed and taken off this year as she spends hours each day drawing and coloring. She is still deeply devoted to Paw Patrol. Her imagination is off the charts as she is always creating worlds and characters with her toys. I also love watching her big sister wheels kick in when she sees that Ella needs help. 

I have worried about her over the last few months, though. This year has taken so much away... Her ballet classes, church and our old homeschool group. She is my extroverted child and she loves nothing more than being with friends and making new friends. I find myself praying for her heart constantly. 

Ella is at that oh so sweet age of four. She is confident, independent and has such a funny bone! She loves to tease. She loves Paw Patrol and has a knack for legos and building with blocks. She really loves math and working on her preschool books.

Thankfully, she is still our snuggle bug. I don't know what we would do without our angel baby who is not such a baby anymore. If I call her a baby she always corrects me..."I am NOT a baby! I am a big kid!"

Honesty moment: Both girls say something "Missdapeared!" instead of disappeared. And I can't bring myself to correct them.

3 comments:

  1. Love this catch up with you Heather ♥️ I can't believe how big the girls are getting already. I think this time is so precious. I feel for Evie too...being more stuck without her friends. But what lovely family time together. I can tell you appreciate every second. I pray the world will go back to normal soon. Keep treasuring the days my Friend. 🙏 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never hesitate to say it. Your work is outstanding. Please keep it up. Use this article Fake Instagram DM Online to create Instagram messages in seconds. Prank your friends with fake Instagram messages. Create a viral Instagram direct message with Instagram DM Online. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to know how to count beats in music before using it, please read this article about Ways to Count Beats in a Song. If you want to listen to music, read this article. Here we explain how to calculate each rhythm of music. There you will be able to easily understand bits.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!