Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Our Story, Chapter 4



Our engagement was filled with so many fun memories...surprising each other for Valentines, dreaming of our honeymoon, making wedding plans together...

We were married in the church where we attended, and my cousin officiated the wedding. It was the most perfect spring day with blue skies for days.

I remember feeling so nervous...I'm not one for the spotlight, but at the same time I was so ready to seal the deal and be his girl forever.

Some of my favorite memories...

My dress. Josh hinted that he loved the "pick up" dress style, so I knew that is what I wanted to wear. Think Belle from Beauty and The Beast. I went to David's Bridal and after trying on five dresses, I was about to leave when the sales girl asked me to try on one more. It was off the clearance rack. It was a champagne colored dress with pick ups. And it fit like a glove. I was sold. ;)

Our song. One of the fun things that we did during our dating days was play guitars together. We were always learning new songs, one of which was On A Night Like This by Dave Barnes. We had it played during our candle lighting ceremony.

Bridal Processional. While I'm very much the traditionalist, this is one area that I wanted to stray. I walked down a song off of the Chronicles of Narnia Soundtrack. The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe is one of my favorite books/movies and I adored the film score.

Everything else about the day was a blur, but I do remember leaving blissfully happy. We honeymooned for two days in Little Rock before leaving for a week in Paris.

I loved him so much then...but goodness, I love him so much more now.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, Heather.
    Your entire love story, your amazing wedding day, and your dress!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!