Friday, November 8, 2019

Our Story, Chapter 2



So, the weekend I was ready to move into my tiny duplex, Josh offered to help. Not only was this a huge step in my life, this would also be the first time my parents ever met Josh. For whatever reason, there paths had never crossed and at that point I had known him for several years.

He showed up, helped my dad move most of my furniture and proceeded to eat dinner with my family. I have to admit, he sure was relaxed and awful happy to get to know my family. But, I was also super stressed out with my new job. It would later prove to be the dumbest decision of my life to take that job...I'll just leave it at that.

The following weekend, the last of my furniture needed to be dropped off, so Josh offered to help again. And again, he ended up spending the evening with my family and going out to eat with all of us. Well, we all parted ways , went home and as I got ready for bed, my phone rang. It was my mom...she wanted to tell me that her and dad reallly liked Josh. I told them there was no way he was interested. I mean we had known each other for four years at this point and he had never showed any interest.

Well, wouldn't you know, the next night he called when he got off work. I had just got home and realized I needed to arrange help to pick up a washing machine that a friend was giving to me for free. I told him what was going on and he offered to pick me up and help me get the washing machine. Later that night, we went to Starbucks for coffee. We talked for hours. I also remember thinking he was so cute. I was totally falling for this guy...

And the next night he called and we hung out. And the next. For the next three months we were inseparable. We ate at taco bell, went bowling, drove around town listening to music, went to Bible studies, church activities and so on.

I remember every detail of the night I realized I liked him so much more than I wanted to admit. He had gone with me to go grocery shopping, unloaded my groceries and helped me wash my dishes. I looked over at him...he was covered in soap suds and his hat was popped back. I never want to forget that night. It was such a simple night of just being together and being friends.

The weeks passed and we continued hanging out and talking about everything under the sun. It was towards the end of July when we both acknowledged we wanted something more. But, when people asked about our relationship status we always answered "just friends". Those of us on the other side of married like now what that means, hehehe.

One day, I was having a really bad day at work and I had a complete melt-down. I'm not a big crier, but I was a mess that afternoon. When I told Josh, he drove thirty minutes from his office to take me out to lunch. He said he had just wanted to make me laugh despite my rough day at work. Yes, he really is that sincere and caring of a guy. Just thinking about that day still makes my heart flutter.

I was also on the road a lot driving back and forth to job sites and going to visit my parents. Many nights, he would call and just stay on the phone with me to make sure I arrived at my destination safely. Like I said, the man is deeply CARING. <3

Yep, he was making it difficult to keep my emotions in check! Haha.

One Sunday after church, we were driving up the mountains on the way to my parents house when he asked me to officially start dating him. I remember thinking I was going to swerve off the road I was so excited. ;)

Our first official date was the next night. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then grabbed coffee and browsed travel books at Barnes & Noble.

By the end of our first week of dating, I knew he was the one...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful love story!
    And you are so wise to be writing it all down!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!