Thursday, April 15, 2021

Spring, Projects and Homeschooling

 






We had such a fun family weekend that included putting together a fairy garden for the girls and raised beds for our backyard. Josh planted tomatoes, lettuce, spinach and rosemary. I plan to plant my basil buckets and butterfly garden soon, too. I may be a fall girl through and through, but spring has it's own special kind of magic that I adore.

We have about six weeks of school left. How did that happen? I blinked and we are almost done with the year. I do, however, plan to have summer school again this year. Last year, we had Bible, Dot to Dot books and art most weeks. This year, I plan to have math incorporated as well. I'm also looking ahead to hands on activities and science projects. Do you plan for summer activities?

On that same note, I am already looking ahead to next year. I printed off the Ambleside Online Year 2 as my guide. I use their book lists often, but this year, I decided I would add in their options for history and geography. Even though we will still have a history book, I like adding in living books as well.

I'm also considering co-op options. I've been praying that the Lord would give the girls a weekly outlet for fellowship with like minded families. We have a fun group that meets once a month, but having something to regularly look forward too would be so nice. I have started visiting several play groups, too, so that may end up being a better option. Finding heart friends with values and standards is no easy feat. And then trying to figure out logistics...working around school schedules, etc. :D Whew! 

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous Spring pics Heather! Love the flowers and that yellow church too! Yay for fairy gardens (my personal fave 😉 ) I can't wait to get digging in the dirt. Still too cold here but hopefully just a few more weeks. 😊 I think your future plans sound perfect for your adorable girls. And sending prayers for the right co-op group for you all too. 🙏 Have a blessed rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you to find a good homeschool group, I don't know why but agree that it's tricky to find one that fits! We plan some summer activities too! But just fun things. I don't stress the educational part too much, we do more crafts and games! In a couple weeks when we settle down after the school year, I'll make some plans. :-)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!