Thursday, August 13, 2020

Book Chat

 



I just read The Fifth Avenue Story Society last week and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm pretty certain this is a new to me author, as well. The book switches back and forth between a small group of people that each receive a mysterious invite to join a local society. It follows their joys, triumphs, and lows during their time together. There were a few things I felt the novel could have left off, but otherwise, it was really good. There is a surprising twist at the end that I didn't see coming coupled with a few cheesy hallmark moments. 


I have read Colleen Coble's books for YEARS. Maybe over a decade, now? Her books are always suspenseful coupled with relatable characters. However, this book was probably a bit more on the thriller end. I couldn't put it down. Classic suspense with a weird twist at the end.


I have read most of Moriarty's books and I have to say this one was not a favorite. Too many weird scenes. Too many weird characters. And the ending just left me feeling blah. 

All that to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed having time to read this summer!! :D What have you been reading??

3 comments:

  1. I felt similarly about Nine Strangers. I haven’t read a Colleen Coble book I’m so long, maybe I’ll try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good article. Are you troubleshooting a fake Name account not working? Get the best solution at Best Fake Name Generator Websites. Click here to troubleshoot Fake Name identity Account Resolution. Find your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post contains really useful information. Your information is very useful. Thank you. This information is very helpful. Thank you so much. For more information, read post Can You Play Roblox Without Internet? (Yes, When you make a game, you have an option to allow users to play offline.)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!