Monday, August 10, 2015

Random Post on Pumpkins & Other Things



My favorite time of year is fall. Hands down. There is no comparison to that crisp feeling in the air. I bought my first can of pumpkin, and now I need to bake something yummy. Pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread?

I received the sweetest package from a new blogging friend, Arlene. I stumbled on her blog a couple of weeks ago, then won her giveaway. The basket was filled with lovely goodies, but my favorites were by far the Citrus Jelly Beans! I crave citrus during pregnancy, so they really hit the spot! :D

We had church yesterday, and boy was it stressful on this momma. Evie does NOT want to go to nursery at all. I realize it's just a stage that's she's going through, but it breaks my heart that she cries so much. I really want her to have fun and learn to play with the other kids. So, boo hoo, and all that...it's rough!!!!

When it comes to Saturday mornings, my favorite thing (well second favorite thing to sleeping in) is to visit yard sales and have donuts for breakfast. I scored quite a few home decor pieces, and summer outfits for next year (for Evie). Not bad! I even found a few gender neutral onsies for the little chicken nugget that is still baking away. ;)

I've been in a reading funk. I usually read 2 - 3 books at a time, but this month, I have had zero motivation to read anything. I'm beginning to think the summer heat has taken it's toll on me. The heat index was 115 last week! Just walking out to the car left me in a puddle of sweat. I hate to sound winey, but ahem, I am so ready for fall! Or did I already mention that? Ha!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful Monday!

4 comments:

  1. My Bumblebee absolutely won't go to his Bible class without me, so I've been having to sit in there with him. :/ (I'm not the only momma having to do so, either, so you're not alone.) I've been told, "This too shall pass." ;)

    I'm with you on the heat, too! I'm not now, but I do remember those sick and pregnant days in the HOT summer too well. Prayers for you! Maybe fall will come early this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I long for fall too!! It is my favorite time of the year!! I hope the nursery situation will work out eventually. I know it is hard to leave a crying baby and go and really participate in worship! I have been reading a lot this summer and I think it is because it is too hot to get outside and do anything!! Highs here will be in the 80s later this week and that will seem COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Fall is mine too!!!!!
    I cannot wait!
    I love it all...Back to school...cool breezes...colored leaves...cozy suppers...pumpkins and mums...Bring it on!!!! Have a nice day, my friend...
    It will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! I'm obsessed with the fall too and wish it could be all year long. This will be Caleb's first fall so I really can't wait. I'm looking forward to sharing so many things with him like picking pumpkins! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!