Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday Vol. 4



Weather Outside:

Slightly overcast. 

Making Me Happy:

We were able to get a few things accomplished over the weekend (and by we, I mean, mainly Josh). I like getting things knocked off the "to do" list. ;)

Menu This Week:

Monday: Crockpot Chicken & Veggies
Tuesday: Turkey Sausage & Sauteed Cabbage
Wednesday: Out
Thursday: Barbeque Meatballs & Veggies
Friday: Mexican Eggs

Around My House:

Evie is watching a leap frog video, I just sat down with my coffee to catch up on blogging. :) 

Today's To Do List:

~Laundry ( I am SO behind, haha)
~Clean Bathrooms
~Sweep & Swiffer
~Finish Evie's Photo Book
~Get Crock Pot Going
~Activity Time with Evie (this is something new I'm hoping to implement)

Looking Forward To This Week:

Having a little family get together for Evie's belated birthday celebration.

Currently Reading:

Unbroken by Laure Hillenbrand

Lesson Learned:

It's important who you choose as close friends. It may sound so cliche, but allowing a negative influence to rub off on you can REALLY wreak havoc on your soul. I'm dealing with this right now, and frankly, I'm at a loss.

On My Mind:

Spend more time in God's word. Finding a group to fellowship with (Bible study?). Making prayer a high priority. 

Verse:
 "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..." Hebrews 6:19

I love the above verse. I actually printed it off and had it framed earlier this year. It has been a balm to my soul throughout every day struggles. Whenever I begin to doubt or question different situations, I am reminded that He is still my hope. He is our achor, and will always be there for us. No matter what.

Happy Homemaker Monday (I don't think there is an actualy link up this week...but I wanted to post anyway. ;-))

5 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists. Oh, how lists (even others'!) inspire me.

    This one did not disappoint, for sure. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about choosing friends - even more so once you are a wife and mother because often women are so negative about both roles.
    Sounds like a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Heather... and your daughter? She's darling. Such a cute photo.

    Ps; how did I miss all of these new posts from you!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather!
    Your menu sounds so yummy for the week! I love that you have the never ending laundry problem like me too. ;)
    I love that verse and had never heard it until now. Thanks for sharing such beautiful inspiration.
    Happy week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!