Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Currently: April 2020




Whew, ya'll! Most days, we've been doing good. I have to admit, I had a *cough* moment last week, but after a few minutes by myself, a hot bath and a stack of books to read, I was good to go!

Doing: We have made it a point to get outside multiple times a day with the girls.We go for walks, or sometimes I just sit on the porch while they ride bikes or play with chalk. We've also been going on long drives listening to music or books on CD, etc.

Listening: I've also enjoyed listening to music in the evenings when I do my routine tidy up. Ellie Holcomb, David Archeletta and Ben Rector have been a few in rotation. If you have have a favorite band or singer, share away! I love finding new tunes.

Reading: Tons of fiction and biographies!!! I literally requested over 20 books to keep at the house. It has really helped me to keep my mind off of things and for our quiet weekends at home. My favorite book so far this month was Lizzy & Jane by Katherine Reay. She is one of my all time favorite authors!

Homeschooling: Before the quarantine happened, I had planned for the girls to finish school early next month. Instead, I think we are going to shoot for early June. It gives us a little more grace over the next few weeks. We have been enjoying Art Hub Videos and Cosmic Kids on YouTube to change up our school routine! Cosmic Kids is a yoga for kids channel and it is the CUTEST workout videos I have ever seen! Think story themed complete with fun backgrounds! They even had a FROZEN themed workout.

Drinking: Iced Coffee, Iced Whipped Coffee and more iced coffee. What can I say? Coffee is keeping me happy as ever. ;)

Watching: Josh and I got started on The West Wing. Binge worthy!! Toby, Josh, Sam and Leo are by far my favorite characters. I love the dynamic that they bring to the show. I also love CJ, and of course, the president's secretary.

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Heather!
    So happy to hear you folks are doing well and hanging in there. I think for us some routine has been key. I feel blessed to have both of my babies at home with me. And i think they enjoy I've always been a food is love Momma - so cooking and baking for them is a win-win all the way around. 😉 We get out for regular walks or pickle ball matches in the driveway. I finally finished the Crown on netflix - love that series! Trying to figure out what I want to dive into next. I have a pile of books and I'm finally feeling like digging in. Prayers you all remain healthy and safe! Have a blessed rest of this Holy week. 🙏 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. West Wing was such a great show.
    Coffee really does bring joy to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!