Monday, June 24, 2019

Bible Time With My Kids



The last few months have felt a bit heavy for more reasons than one. I've had a lot more on my plate than normal, and while it's just a season, I realized it was starting to affect me. I took a day to stay home, read, pray, and re-evaluate a few things. One area that I felt needed attention was having Bible time with the girls. While I love my morning quiet time, I wanted to have a set time of they day to read scripture, Bible stories, and simply fill their cups to the brim with scripture.

I ended up finding a sweet little Bible study booklet for the girls while shopping at Mardel's one day. We've been reading the story assigned to each page, then the girls color the picture. After that, we watch a short video that coordinates with the Bible story and finish off the with sweet gospel songs. This very small change to our day has given us a bit of structure and turned our hearts back to where they needed to be.

The rest of our summer should be filled with more quiet days at home, relaxing, and just enjoying summer as a family. I'm thankful and looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely, Heather.
    I always find that when I am feeling over -scheduled, a reevaluation is just the thing I need.
    Of course, I use the term over-scheduled loosely!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so peaceful! Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Heather! Love this so much. 🙏 a beautiful time for all of you. And so important too. Blessings ❤️

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!