Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Little Life Update




The sun is streaming through the windows this morning. The sun!!! We've had some gloomy days as of late, and it's so nice to wake up to spills of light at my kitchen table. I'm sipping coffee, and working on my "to do" list before I get the girls up and going for the day.

Part of the reason I haven't blogged lately is that our house has been in remodeling mode for the last few weeks. What we thought would take three days, took more like two weeks. He he. We had wainscoting installed in our living/dining/hallway area. Despite layers of dust everywhere and a disrupted schedule (note: I'm officially one of those people...I NEED my schedule to function. Just ask Josh. Ha!), it has really turned out to be a nice addition to our home. The bonus, being that we chose to paint the wainscoting and wall pure white which brightened up our living room! I love it.

I've been busy with the girls, gearing up to join our "new" church and learning new traditions to add to our daily routine. We've been reading Psalms 23 together every day, and both girls are working on memorizing the first verse. It amazes me what kids can do!

I have to say, I am ready for some warmer temps OR I would also take some snow if it's going to be this cold. I'm feeling slightly jilted by winter this year. ;)

Off to finish my coffee! Happy Thursday. :)


6 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!
    I adore your picture.
    It takes me right back to the days when I was a young mommy to Madison and Peyton.
    And I love how much you love mothering those precious babies!!!
    I feel your pain with the remodeling!
    I loved having it be done...but I just wanted those guys out of my house!!! lol
    Have a great, sun-shiny day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I was just going to comment that your photo reminded me so much of me and my sister, but then I read my mom's comment! Haha they are so adorable. :) Also totally understand what you mean with not being able to function without your schedule! I need my routine, too!

    Had to delete the comment above because I got up to get some coffee and came back and thought I was on a different blog that I had just read, and started typing another comment before I published my comment here! Lol I shouldn't comment without having my coffee first!

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy TGIF Heather! Such a precious photo. ;) And thank the Lord for FINISHED remodeling projects. Lol I hope we get to see photos of the results soon. Have a blessed weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to this place several times. The perfect event starts with an extraordinary location, like this. Thanks to my friend for introducing me to these LA venues. I will definitely be coming back.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!