Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Who's Coming to Dinner?


I haven't done a "Just for fun" post in a long time, so I thought I'd link up with Momfessionals today. The topic is who you would invite to your "dream dinner"...


Laura Ingalls-Wilder

Oh my, I just love, love, love the Little House books. I loved learning about her life, and her legacy. I visited her home (the one she built with Almanzo) when I was a kid, and it's my dream to go back one day. I can't wait to read her books to my girls when they are older!

My Great-Grandma Eleanor

She lived well into her 80's so I got to spend time with her each year when we would visit during the summer. She was a funny lady with a LOT of wit!! I wish I could sit down and talk to her now. I feel like her era had SO MUCH CLASS. I miss the days of elegant women.

First Lady Laura Bush

I have always been enamored with the Bush family legacy, but even more so with First Lady Laura Bush. She always seemed so poised, and graceful. I also loved that one of her main platforms was literature. I'm passionate about reading, and loved that she encouraged children to embrace books!

Esther

I have always loved the story of Esther. I think she must have had incredible courage to stand up for her people, and to be used by God in such a powerful way. I would love to glean from her wisdom and hear her first hand account of what it was really like to be queen.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun post & all such great choices!
    I always loved Laura Ingalls Wilder, especially because we share a name and my older sister's name is Mary! My son and I are reading the series right now & I love that he is enjoying these books as much as I did at his age... and still do! How cool that you got to see their house!
    Again, what adds to it is the whole name thing, but yes, I have always admired Laura Bush! So much class and poise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful guest list! Laura Ingalls Wilder would be so fun to visit with! And Esther! To hear the story in her own words would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post, and such wonderful choices!
    I too loved Laura Ingalls Wilder as a young girl. And continue to this day!
    Have a lovely September evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great list! I still have so many LIW books that my granddaughters are enjoying now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I still have so many LIW books that my granddaughters are enjoying now.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!