Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kiddie Book Club Vol. 2



I've had so much fun hunting for new board books to add to our collection this last month. Most of my book finds are thrifted, although, I'm not afraid to pick up a few here & there from retails stores. Having a wealth of books for the girls to enjoy means so much to me. It such a simple way to encourage their imagination, and while your at it, it is also a great way for them to have quiet time!

The first book I want to share is the Muddy Hippo, a play book, from Usbourne. I picked this up for less than two dollars at a consignment sale. I love busy books that allow interaction for the kiddos. It gives  broader scope for creative learning, and another bonus? Fine motor skills! Evie loves it.

The second book that I really enjoyed reading to Evie this month was One Spring Lamb. I've already written a review when I hosted the giveaway, but I should probably mention another great aspect: It encourages learning numbers! She's really into her numbers right now.

For my birthday, Josh took me shopping. One of my main stops was Barnes & Noble where I purchased another baby lit book to add to our growing collection. This specific title, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, encourages color learning. Beautiful, and simple. True to the Baby Lit style!

Last, but not least, I found a copy of Ten Tiny Toes. This specific titles encourges both imagination & creative play through interaction. Kids can learn about certain body parts: eyes, ears, mouth and nose! Super cute, and simple enough for young toddlers.

Those those are my favorite kiddie book finds of the month! What are yours?

1 comment:

  1. I love sweet board books! Thankfully, mine still love them, too, but it's a little sad that I know the time is coming soon that they will put them aside. Busy books were wonderful as ways to get my little ones to appreciate books. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!