Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday Vol. 16


We had a beautiful Easter! Did you? I was blessed by our worship service. It's so easy to become calloused to the Resurrection, but yesterday, I was reminded at how humbling a reality it is that Jesus gave all so that we may have the gift of salvation! We are so blessed.


The weather...
The sun is shining, and it feels like spring outside!

Right now I am...
Sipping on my coffee. Today, I'm drinking it iced with whole milk and a dash of cinnamon.

Thinking... 
About getting back on a regular schedule & cleaning routine. Whenever life gets a bit overwhelming, sometimes I'll give myself a break, and lots of grace. But, by the looks of the house at the moment, it's time for a few simple routines to be put back into place. Just keeping it real, hehe. :D

On my TV...
We watched a couple of movies this weekend. One was Larry Crowne, and the other was About Time. They were pretty good. But honestly, would it be possible for them to make a comedy flick without so much language?? Am I just becoming more and more old fashioned? It gets old. :\

What I'm Reading...
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Home by Julie Andrews
Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner

On the menu for this week...
Italian Chicken Bake with Wild Rice
Buffalo Chicken, Bake Broccoli, and Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Cheese & Avacado Salad
Scrambled Eggs, Fruit & Sliced Cheese
White Bean & Kale Soup
Blackened Salmon, Green Beans & Mashed Potatoes

On my to do list...
Load & Unload Dishwasher
Make Bed
Speed Clean
Wipe Down Bathrooms
Make Batch Burritos
Clean Out Car
Clean Out Purse

Looking forward to this week...
Relaxing at home with Josh & the kiddos
Visiting a community garden later this week

Verse... 

Therefore He says: “Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.” ~Ephesians 5:14

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful picture of your sweet family!
    Enjoy your quiet- back to normal-routine.
    I'm looking forward to it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty picture of your family. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! You are very pretty! I too feel "old fashioned" and wonder why everything has to have foul language. hope you have got back into your groove- I'm still chugging along and am enjoying slowly getting back to routine - us mommas, we need that break! hope your having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little family Heather! Love the photo. I suppose a lot of folks tell you your hubby has a whole Josh Groban thing going on. At least to me he looks like him with those glasses on. Lol

    Sounds like a lovely Easter and I had the same thing happen to me this year too. I got all teary during service because the meaning hit me so much. Love that.

    Love your menu - sounds yummy! Blessings on the rest of your week dear little Mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!