- Having access to three different libraries to keep our library stash well stocked. I've had so much fun reading aloud to the girls nearly every day. I've also stumbled across new favorites from authors that I was not familiar with. Have you read "How to Hug a Porcupine?" If not, check it out! It's sure to make your little one smile.
- I've also been devouring books over the last few weeks! If you have a chance to read Katherine Reay, I HIGHLY recommend her books. I just read three novels by her over the last few weeks, and each story has had such wonderful character development. A touch of mystery and romance. Better yet, her novels are so clean! Dear Mr. Knightly & A Portrait of Emily Price would be my current favorites.
- Iced coffee with a splash of cream, stevia, and vanilla. It's such a creamy treat, and much better for you than most sugar laden options. Then again, I splurge on good 'ol lattes from a local coffee shop at least once a week. Balance, right?
- Pretty pink roses right outside my door. They are knockout roses planted from previous owners, and I just love the cheerful color pop right outside my living room window.
- Rainy days. We've had several rainy days in a row...I've savored every moment, but I'm also ready to see the sunshine!
- Baking treats! I've been in the mood to make yummy treats. So far, I've made Magic Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Strawberry Pecan Bread. Also, I'll be eating salads over the next few days to counteract the goodies. Haha! ;)
So, what have you enjoyed this summer? Would love book recommendations. <3