Sunday, March 6, 2016

What I'm into (February Edition)


I'm a little late posting this, but here's a fun recap of the things I LOVED during the month of February...

{Reading}
With February being my birthday month, I splurged on a copy of Little Women. It's from Usborne, and offered precious illustrations.

I also continued reading Audacious by Beth Moore. I'm going through this with my friend Lauren, and we are using it as a Bible study. I also started reading through the The Power of a Praying Wife devotional. I read through it last year, and wanted to do it again this year. It's an amazing, eye opening book. I love being challenged to pray for specific areas!

{Television}
We finished watching the entire show of Frazier. It was really sad for me. I really learned to love Frazier despite all his quirks, and it was fun watching his family find happiness. I also zipped through the second season of When Calls The Heart on Netflix. Ya'll, I just LOVE that show. I'm a total sucker for sweet and sappy love stories. I also watched the 4th & 5th season of Downton Abby. I should probably note, I don't usualy watch that much TV, but I was still in "post partum" recovery mode, so laying on the couch took place more than usual. Oh, and I may or may not have started Parenthood again. It's a beautiful show on so many levels. If you are a fan of Gilmore Girls, I recommend it. Yes, there was one season that I could have done without, but other than that, it was just good. So good.

{Movies}
We didn't watch many movies during the month of February. The only movie we rented worth mentioning was Bridge of Spies. I'm a big Tom Hanks fan, and this movie did not disappoint. We also watched Inside Out. It is such a precious movie! It earned  rank right next to the beloved movie Up. Disney rarely disappoints me. ;)

{Music}
As for music, Adele's album 25 has been on repeat in my car. I don't fangirl much, but ya'll, she's worth fangirling over. I've also enjoyed Elevation Worship via YouTube. If you like contemporary Christian style worship, they've got some gorgeous songs.

{Sipping}
I've been on both a coffee & tea kick. When Ella was in the hospital, there was a tiny coffee bar located on the ground floor. After visiting her each morning, I would grab a latte to head back to my room to rest. The latte I fell in love with was a Raspberry Vanilla Latte. It tasted so good, and for some reason, I still enjoy that flavor combo. It offered a small piece of comfort during those long days alone. And then my friend Felicia's got me hooked on Thai Tea. It's a nice change from coffee.

What have you been into lately?

Linking up with Leigh Kramer

1 comment:

  1. Inside Out sounds super cute! Someday, I'll need to rent it too; glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!