Friday, March 11, 2016

Hello, there!! (SUYL)

Eek! I remember linking up with Show Us Your Life years ago, but it's been a while. Well, it's being resurrected, and I wanted to hop on board. The theme this week is simply an "intro post" so you can get to know new bloggers.



(This is the only family photo we have since Ella has been born, ha!)

Hi there! My name is Heather, I'm a wife, mother & Arkansas native. I've been married to Josh for almost seven years now. He works in architecture, and does graphic design on the side. We have two daughters, Evie (Eh-Vee) who will be two this summer, and Ella who just turned two months old. Both of my girls were born at 36 weeks, but Ella ended up in the NICU for six days. She's now a happy, healthy, two month old sweetheart. Evie is our spirited little lady, who loves to dance to music, watch Curious George. She keeps us in stiches with her antics!

I've been a stay at home mom now for nearly two years, and I've loved every minute. I'm a bit on the nerdy side and enjoy all things homemaking related: cooking, cleaning, organizing, decorating, budgeting, etc. I also enjoy keeping up with my passion of blogging which provides me an outlet to pursue two of my other passions: photography & reading.

I love traveling! Pre-kids we traveled extensively (5 countries & 12 states together). France & Ireland were two of my favorite trips of all time. We are planning a mini vacay for our Anniversary next month, and I am SO excited. I love watching Disney movies, consignment sales, iced coffee, flea markets, sunflowers, Project Life, and dressing my daughters up! I'm also an avid fan of Downton Abby, Parenthood, and Gilmore Girls.

My faith is a huge part of my life. I am thankful for salvation through Jesus Christ. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Him. I'm also thankful to be surrounded by friends who challenge me in my daily walk with Christ. I'm currently working through two Beth Moore Bible studies (Breaking Free & Audacious). I also recenlty started Bible Journaling, which has been a great creative outlet for me. 

Thanks for visiting, and I can't wait to "meet" you all through SUYL!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!! Nice to meet you! Your girls are adorable! And I LOVE their names! I have twin girls! Girls are so much fun! Anyway, hope to see more of you later! :) Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sweet girls are the best...in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two sweet girls are the best...in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two sweet girls are the best...in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!