Tuesday, May 9, 2017

NYC: The Sights!



We started our walking tour of NYC at 8:30 in the morning! It was a fast paced tour, because the goal is to see as many iconic places within nine hours. Yes, it was an exhausting day, but well worth it. :) Here's the video footage:



It was fun getting to see Lady Liberty! She's quite the giant.


This was the view from the boat as we headed to the Statue of Liberty! Quite a site. Also, the boat ride was a bit rocky. ;)


We stopped at Wall Street for a few minutes. It was crazy busy.


We visited the 9/11 Memorial Pools and saw the iconic World Trade Center One. They are in the process of building the others. It was a humbling moment to see the size of the pools, and the names.





We also visited the Empire State Building. Visibility was low, but it was still fun to see the site where famous movies have been filmed (the entire time, I was thinking about Sleepless in Seattle).


The highlight of the trip for Josh was visiting Little Italy. Josh was in heaven! I'll share about the food later! It was really beautiful.

 
My tourist husband. Hahaha. And yes, he's got a lot of Italian in him. ;)


We ended our last night with a buggy ride through Central Park. It was magical! Not exaggerating. Honestly, I think Central Park and The Plaza were my favorite parts of NYC. :)

We saw tons of other sites, most of which were on my IG: Times Square (ick), Rockefeller Center (beautiful!), Radio City, Trump Tower (whoa, the guards!!!!), Broadway (saw Aladdin), Grand Central Station (I cannot believe I didn't take very many pictures...it was beautiful!), SoHo, St. Patrick's Cathedral (gorgeous), and several other areas. :)


If you are headed to NYC, I would HIGHLY recommend a walking tour. We dozens and dozens of sites I haven't even listed.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    These photos are amazing!
    Thank you for sharing them.
    What a trip for you two. : )

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!