Friday, May 5, 2017

Anniversary in New York City!


Well, we did it! We finally made it to New York City. It has been on both of our "lists" of places to go. One afternoon, back in February, we made the decision to have our first mini getaway without the kids. *deep breath* We decided on three nights. Just long enough for some "us" time, but not so long that this mommy heart might explode. It really was the perfect time for us. We chose The Warwick. Something about the lights, and the name just screamed classy. And it was!! Oh my goodness it was so, so beautiful. I forgot to take pictures on my big camera. There are a few on my Instagram though!


We hit the ground running the first night we got there, but I didn't take any pictures. We dined at Tony's which had the best Fettuccini I've ever tasted. We also visited Times Square....which was the ONLY thing that I did not like about NYC. They can keep those lights and crowds and strange things. I'll take the other side that feels like you are stepping into a 1950's movie. Anyway, I digress, my #1 agenda while visiting the Big Apple was to see The Plaza. It was beautiful. So, so beautiful! I am still star struck over it! I had purchased a little pink purse just for the occasion. I wanted to visit the Eloise store for gifts, and to see The Eloise portrait. It was all so delightful. I feel like a kid again just thinking about it!!


Josh was a good sport and let me have my fun. ;)


Josh talked me into brunch during our stay there. I'm so glad he did, because it was soooo romantic. The music, the lighting, the window table...





We visited Central Park twice during our visit. Once during the day, then once at night. Both were so nice. I couldn't get over how beautiful the park was!


I just couldn't capture an angle that gave it justice. After walking around a bit, we started to make our way to another bucket list item....Serendipity!!!!


It was so good! So so good. All that chocolate...and that whipped cream. I was geeking out the entire time we were there. I think Josh may have rolled his eyes a time or two. Can't blame him too much. I need another one...


All that shaved chocolate...


Our first full day was fun, and I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow! ;) Up next, Josh got to cross off his bucket list items...and allll the food. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Happy Anniversary!
    And I am sooo happy for you two!
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of your trip.
    I loved them all, but my favorite?
    The chocolate!!!!
    And the lovely picture of you!
    So nice to see you the blog!!!
    Can't wait to see more of your awesome visit. : )

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!