Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Girl Mom and Chocolate Stains


The other day, as I was getting the girls ready for the day, I realized how much fun we have together. Evie is at the stage where she loves pretty dresses, and Ella loves getting her hair brushed. I have to say, being a girl mom is so much fun, right down to washing all their hair bows.


As I washed each bow and set them down to dry, I thanked the Lord for letting me be their mother. It is exhausting, but it is so rewarding. I love it. I love being a mother. I also love that their bows are crisp and clean, ready for more dress up times with my girls. ;) Yes, I'm nerdy like that.


Another thing I love, is learning great homemaking tips. I am the kind of gal who will read Heloise books and Emilie Barnes books. I love anything to do with keeping home. Which brings me to my point: CHOCOLATE STAINS. Ahem. I certain little girl I know had M&M's for the first time. Which was cute, but left chocolate on her dress. Anything I had tried in the past left the fabric dulled and in some cases, completely washed out. So, I tried a new trick. I soaked the dress in baking soda for about half and hour. Then gently rubbed a couple of dabs of Dawn soap onto the spot. The chocolate stain came right out, and you would have never known. Yay!

Linking up with A Bowl Full of Lemons.

2 comments:

  1. I love Emilie Barnes books. Her books were foundational books for me as a young mom. I love being a girl mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a girl mom is the best, we have 4!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!