Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Toddler Approved Finger Paint



We've had a rainy/drizzly couple of days, so I knew we needed a fun activity for this morning. I spent over an hour scouring different homemade recipes. I wanted to use ingredients that we already had, plus I wanted a toddler safe formula. Also, I didn't have food coloring so I used jello. I found one that used potato flakes of all things! Here's the recipe for anyone that's curious:


  • Instant Potato Flakes
  • Jello 
  • Warm Water
Just mix equal parts potato flakes & jello (the more jello the darker the color), and add water slowly. Mix until you get the desired consistency. I left it pretty thick so it would be a little more fun to play with for Evie. :) The texture is very different from traditional finger paint which made for a great sensory play time, too. 


Needless to say, she LOVED it. Messy, but fun!

Sharing: Whip It Up Wednesday | Titus 2sDay | One Project

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!