Monday, November 9, 2015

Simple Things



The last few weeks have felt like a whirlwind of craziness. Of course, hormones tend to wreck havoc on my usual "cool as a cucumber" (as Josh & my dad call it) personality. I don't usually get myself in a tizzy, and can keep my cool. But lately, the littlest things have made me want to crawl out of my skin. I haven't been the most pleasant person to be around. Cough, cough. ;)

Quiet time, drinking water, and just a few minutes of exercise have made a huge difference. It's funny how easy it is to lose sight of daily rituals when you allow the "busyness" of life to invade. I've also invested in several new Bible studies, all of which are very poingent for me right now. Two devotionals by Beth Moore, plus I am reading through a wonderful book by Vicky Courtney. I feel like God has been teaching me to be greatful for the little things. Otherwise, how can He entrust me with the bigger things?

Last night, Josh re-arranged our living room for me. I was hankering for a little change, and it was EXACTLY what I needed. I enjoyed cleaning the living room this morning simply because the new layout made my heart sing.

I'm so thankful for our growing family, our little home, and every tiny blessing that God has given us. Life is truly a gift.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I love rearranging furniture, and then cleaning it!
    Makes my heart happy.
    We are going to give our downstairs a deep clean this week in preparation for Christmas decorating!
    It is early, but I love those twinkling lights as the days grow shorter.
    Enjoy this most blessed time with your sweet ...growing...family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very easy to get in a tizzy when pregnant so don't feel bad. When I was pregnant with Caleb, I was crying and getting mad over ridiculous things. I can look back and laugh at it now though. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful!!!
    Rearranging furniture can be so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable family! Love the photos!! Hang in there Lady - I think all of us mom folks can relate on some level with all you're feeling. You're definitely not alone. ;)
    Glad that some "nesting" with changing furniture and hit the spot. I need to add you to my blogging friends feed so I don't keep forgetting to come back and visit.
    Blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!