Friday, September 25, 2015

5 For Friday!


Reading: I started "The Best Yes" yesterday, and I've already been convicted. You know it's gonna be a good read when the second chapter steps on your toes. I may do a full review when I finish! I've also got my heart set on reading a couple of biographies this fall. Any suggestions?

Listening: I've been trying to scale back on our TV time, and instead turn on some music while Evie plays in our living room. I discovered the disney children's channel on Pandora and it's great!! As always, I listen to adult contemporary a lot (think Henry Connick Jr., etc.) by myself.

Smelling: Oh, I had to talk about fall scents. I'm a HUGE scentsy addict. Just ask my friends! I have a giant zip lock bag that I keep in our laundry room, and generally rotate scents out every other day. I'm waiting for some new scents to arrive, and I'm going to  party next week. I should be stocked and set up until spring!

Thinking: About simple ways to better myself, and take better care of the time that's been given to me. I know that each moment is a gift, and I don't want to forget that.

Decorating: We have a fireplace that is VERY rustic. I have struggled with decorating it for years, but decided to just embrace the rustic look. Here's a vidoe of my fall decor. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone and have a little more fun with blogging...hence the youtube video. Don't laugh!
;)



Happy Friday! Linking up @ Friday Favorites with Andrea!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Life Is Better In Pink! Your fall mantle is absolutely gorgeous! I so wish that our house had a fireplace! I'm looking forward to reading your book review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank your hubby for buying you such a lovely mantel. You have the joy of having so much fun with it!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~
    Letters Unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mantle is so cute! I LOVE Target's Dollar Spot- they always have such cute seasonal decor! I got the beige herringbone bunting from there for our mantle.
    I love your thoughts about remembering that each moment is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video! You always decorate so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a Gal after my own heart! Love scentsy too! And I love your rustic mantle and video. :)
    So charming. xoxo
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read that book. I've loved Unglued, also by her.

    I just started on a couple of biographies on Beatrix Potter. Let me know if you read any good biographies. I'm still in the mood for them, too. :)

    I love your mantle! So cute! I'm horrible at seasonal decorating these days, so I always enjoy seeing other people's creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very nice fireplace! My house is all rustic and primitive decor... I'm obsessed with it so I LOVE your mantle.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!