Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday (Vol. 7)



On the weather front:
The weather has been slowly changing to fall. The mornings are cool & crisp, but the afternoons still tease with heat. The weather change has brought on a serious hot chocolate craving...including extra whip cream. When I ordered one yesterday, the above picture is what the waitress brought out. It was lovely. 

On my bedside table:
Glass of Water

Vitamins
Books

On my TV:

Walker Texas Ranger
Frazier 
I Love Lucy (I love watching re-runs...)

Favorite Youtube Video last week:
Hmmm...I don't think I've watched anything recently. However, I'm a sucker for homemaking videos, especially anything to do with organization. :)

News story that caught my attention:
Local stories of petty thefts, violence and car hijacks. I just don't understand people. This world is NOT my home. I have to remind myself of that.


On the menu for this week:

Monday: Homemade Chili

Tuesday: Sub Sandwiches 
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Brocolli, Chicken & Rice Casserole (one of Josh's favorites!)
Friday: Out to Eat

New Recipe I tried or want to try:
I am looking for a really good pumpkin bread recipe. I tried one last week that turned out horrible! If you know of a good one, feel free to send it my way. :)

On my To Do List:

Speed Clean

Laundry
Sweep/Swiffer
Dust
Vaccuum
Bathrooms (5 minute wipe down)
Put Laundry Away
 
In the craft basket:
Finish Evie's Baby Book

Looking forward to:
A shopping trip to finalize big items we need for baby girl (Crib matress, baby bath, etc.)

What I plan on doing for myself this week:

I would like to give myself a facial, manicure, and pedicure. Been feeling a bit "blah". Those things usually help me feel a bit better about myself. ;)


Lesson learned the past few days:
True friends are few and precious. I'm very thankful for mine.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some serious hot chocolate, girl! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about the bread, but Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are excellent! Loving your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good :) And I hear you on this world, people are just losing all sense of right and wrong, it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cup of hot chocolate! You are so right about how true friends are precious. Have a wonderful week!

    Renee’
    My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is some serious hot chocolate! Yum!!
    I have a great "harvest loaf" recipe I'll be making on my blog in the near future. It's SO good & has pumpkin & chocolate chips in it & a glaze on top. ;)
    I keep praying for this world of ours. And there are more of us that refuse to let this be our world & I fin comfort in that. Blessings.
    Carrie@northwoods scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm partial to a pumpkin bread recipe that my mom always made for us growing up (it may be on my blog somewhere if you search the tag recipes?) but a new favorite of mine is from Averie Cooks: (http://www.averiecooks.com/2013/04/cinnamon-and-spice-sweet-potato-bread.htm) It's actually sweet potato bread but I've substituted with pumpkin before and it's amazing. If you like your bread flavorful, moist and with a lot of spices, you will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally have a perfect pumpkin bread recipe...gotta track it down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are thankful for you, too. That hot chocolate looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are thankful for you, too. That hot chocolate looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are thankful for you, too. That hot chocolate looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!