Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Novel That Kept Me Up Late at Night...


You know that feeling you get when you start the first page of a book, and you think, "Oh, yes, this should be a good one..."?

Well, that's what happened with me, while devouring "Traces of Guilt". I've read Henderson's books for years. Literally. And I've loved just about all of them. However, this particular title had me sitting on the edge of my seat, and forgoing chores just so I could find out what happened next. It's been a while since I've been that deeply committed to a particular novel.

Traces of Guilt follows detective Evie Blackwell as she travels to a small town in Carin, Illinois. There she meets Gabe, the local sheriff, who's as intent on solving a high-profile missing persons case as she is. What follows is a series of events that unfolds secrets, heartbreak, yet ultimately offers healing to those it has wounded the most.

It's not your average fast paced mystery. Instead, it's a slow-paced, very detailed novel. I don't usually enjoy these, but Henderson so perfectly weaves together her characters that you enjoy knowing more about them. They feel real. Not too polished. Just honest people trying to make the world a better place, with real life issues and problems. 

While I was sad to finish the novel, I'm excited there will be more mysteries, and more details about Evie, and the Thane family. I'm ready for book two!

A million thanks to Bethany House for my free copy. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!