Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday Book Talk


The book chatter today is base on the Top 10 Tuesday link up...what books have inspired you to learn something?

My List

Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin: Made me want to kick some habits, and learn some new ones that pertain to my overall well-being. It's time I start focusing on my health. I tend to just "get by" sometimes. Namely, I need more sleep, less stress, and to drink more water.

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty: This books made me stop and think about my life. The main character, Alice, wakes up one day to realize she's not who she used to be. She's morphed into a selfish, bitter person. I think a good 'ol "motives" check never hurt anyone!

When Calls The Heart by Janette Oke: Made me want to take up teaching, and it also inspired my interest for the Canadian Rockies. Haven' visited yet, but it's on my bucket list!

Submerged by Dani Pettrey: The entire series made me want to learn an outdoorsy sport. I used to enjoy hiking, but we don't have as much time to do so. I think getting outside, and just enjoying the outdoors again would be a good place to start. 

Without A Trace by Dee Henderson: Honestly, ANY of Henderson's books always reaffirm that if I was to choose a law enforcement career, I would choose to be a detective. There's something satisfying about solving a mystery, and bringing order to a lawless situation. Hehe

Forever Friday by Tim Lewis: This really gave me a desire to travel more, and have more dates with my husband. Their sweet love story and ability to just enjoy life together left me inspired.

Any book by Beverly Lewis: For years, I was obsessed with learning about the Amish. I still love learning about them. They have often inspired me to live a more simple life. And while, I don't want to give up electricity, I do love learning how to do things the old-fashioned way.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: This book, and the entire series has made me want to take a self-defense class, and learn an art form such as archery. Or shooting. Or something to protect myself should I ever get lost in a crazy jungle filled with even crazier people. Ha!

Home is Where My People Are by Sophie Hudson: Ohh...this book. I just loved it. It sparked a desire for me to put down roots. To take pride in my community, and in my home. 

A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers: This book was quite the Bible study. It encouraged me to spend more time examining the books of the Bible and learning how to apply the lessons to my life.

Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I totally forgot about archery via The Hunger Games. That would be so cool :) Ah, I still need to read Janette Oke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah YES to The Hunger Games! It really made me want to learn archery...or yes, just any kind of self-defence. That would be awesome. :') #goals XD Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All books give me crazy wanderlust I swear, whether it's for a real place or a fictional one!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-67/

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!