Monday, February 22, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday Vol. 12


The weather.....
Cloudy, and a bit cool! 
 
Right now I am....
Working on book reviews, menu planning, filling in the calendar, etc.

Thinking....
That sometimes, life doesn't always go as planned.

On my TV.....
Cheers, Downton Abby, Parenthood

On the menu for this week....
I'm working on slowly changing our diet to accomodate a "clean eating" lifestyle. I'm amazed at how simple the switch has been. My personal goal: Less processed, more veggies & fresh fruit, and whole grains on a limited intake. ;)

Broccoli, Cheese & Chicken Casserole (made with Quinoa instead of rice)
Sliced Turkey, Eggs & Fresh Fruit
White Bean, Tomato & Spinach Soup
Taco Salad & Guacamole
Buffalo Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Italian Green Beans
Blackened Salmon, Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Hash Browns

On my to do list....

Speed Clean
Work on book reviews
Update Calendars
Check E-mail
Finish putting away laundry
Workout

In the craft basket....
Project Life Album, Bible Journaling, and some more "crayon time" with Evie.

Looking forward to this week....
Dinner with some of our oldest friends. Dreaming of the future. A date night with Josh. ;)

Looking around the house....
It's a messy Monday. Ha!

From the camera....
The picture is of the orchids that my husband bought me. They make the house feel cheery!

On my prayer list.....
Some friends waiting on news regarding a future adoption. 

5 comments:

  1. Will join you in prayer for your friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that I am not the only one struggling with messy Monday. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that orchid is spectacular! You are one talented photographer!
    Prayers for your friends!
    Since my littlest was born I've been trying to eat more like the way you described and it feels great!
    Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely week ahead - looking forward to time with friends, yummy menu of healthy eating and just enjoying your sweet Girls. Prayers sent for your friends. Happy week ahead Heather! Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower photo! Wish I did better with orchids as they are so pretty. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!