Friday, January 5, 2018

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 2017

"For it is in the giving that we receive." ~ Francis of Assisi 


My favorite thing in the whole wide world: buying my girls Christmas dresses. Truly, it just makes my heart pitter patter. And then when I see them wearing said dresses, it just makes my heart skip a beat. I love being a momma. A girl momma is the most fun, I believe. So, on Christmas Eve I snapped this picture to remember the red frilly dresses with a gold crown. Celebrating the Prince of Peace right down to their Christmas dresses.


Christmas Eve has always been the big family dinner night on my side of the family. Every year, my entire life, we gathered around for food and presents. This was the first year without Mimmie so it was very sad. And my papaw is very sick, but he came. And I should back up....the day before, I had my hair trimmed and dyed. I had wanted bangs, but forgot to ask the hairdresser until he had already styled my ahir. When I got to my parents, my mom had the idea to ask papaw to cut my bangs. He's a barber...has been for 40+ years. And so he did. Snip snip.


The night before....the excitement was high! It may have taken over an hour to get a certain 3 year old to settle down enough to sleep. Hmm...wonder who that could be?


This is what they saw on Christmas morning! I had hunted for months for that dollhouse. It's discontinued, but I finally found one. It came with all the pieces!


"Christmas is the day that holds all time together." ~Alexander Smith


Their favorite gift was from daddy---a PJ masks car! They are obsessed.






We ended the morning with cinnamon & orange rolls, a tradition.


It was such a wonderful Christmas in every way. So happy. :)


"For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself." ~Charles Dickens


After all that excitement, mommy and daddy needed coffee. Of course. ;)


"It's true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you'll find you've created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul." ~Caroline Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    I do not know how I missed this.
    I am so happy I found it.
    Because it totally embodies what Christmas means to me.
    You remind me so of myself many years ago...with my Madison and my Peyton.
    I adore the dresses, the jammies, the dollhouse, the memories you are creating.
    Thanks for sharing.
    And for letting me have a little bit more Christmas on this January night. : )

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!