Thursday, September 7, 2017

Love


Nine years ago, in the early summer of '08, I moved into my first "little home" (a duplex with weird, extremely rude neighbors). He helped me move. He picked up my dryer & hooked it up, and stopped by when he found out my washer flooded my laundry closet.

For the next two months we started hanging out 'round the clock: taco bell dinners, church activities, bowling, coffee chats & guitar time.

As summer neared it's end, he asked to make it official. I said yes, and the rest is history.

And every year, as the end of summer tangles with the beginning of fall, I feel that crisp newness. It's all the memories coming back. All the sweet stories, the fun times.

I found a stack of  pictures from our dating days, and carefully put them into a little photo album.

"That's my mommy and daddy!" Evie exclaims with each picture. Ella, gets equally excited, yell's "Josh, Josh" at each one. It makes me all sappy silly inside.

This week may not be filled with romantic dates (I've had a stomach bug, Josh is working like crazy, and then all the little things that daily life entails...you know ;)), but  goodness is it filled with the wonderful satisfaction that I am with the right one. He is good, kind, handsome and faithful.

I love him so much more now than I did then.


6 comments:

  1. Heather,
    This is so lovely...
    I enjoyed hearing more about the beginning of your love story.
    And to see the beautiful life that young love created. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching back up in blogland. Love this Heather - so very sweet!! xoxo Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Thank you for coming by and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading. Glad you have a loving partner.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post! I enjoyed reading your story :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!