Tuesday, October 20, 2015

9 Thoughts That Can Change Your Marriage (Review)


I truly enjoyed Shela Wray Gregoire's fresh take on sprucing up our relationship with our spouse. She takes nine very hard hitting subjects, and gives us simple "take away" tips to apply to those areas in our life.

For example, one chapter was on communicating with our spouse. She points out that women are geared for "face to face" chats, while men are more geared for talking while actually doing something together or "side by side" talking. At the end of the chapter, she shares different challenges to find ways to better communicate by finding activities to do together. That way our female need for talking is satisfied, and our husbands are more relaxed and open to sharing their hearts.

Here's a few other things that I really loved:

  • We are not in competition with our spouse. Remember you are on the same team!
  • Make it your goal to focus on the postitive aspects of our husband rather than negative.
  • She reminds us the importance of intimacy within marriage for both our sakes.
  • She reminds us that we are to be a peacemaker not a peacekeeper within our marriage. I found this specific chapter very riveting. I've never thought about it within those terms before.
Lastly, I felt she really drove home the importance of marriage via the last chapter, and I quote:

"You cannot be a good mother unless you are first a good wife, because the best gift you can give your children is to love their father."

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. I'm looking forward to reading more of her work in the future. Many thanks to Blogging for Books for my copy.

1 comment:

  1. I recently started following Sheila's blog, and she has some great advice! I need to add this book to my list.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!