Friday, February 1, 2019

Hello February!


"Parenthood is an inner change. We ourselves grow, because parenting is so deep and intense." ~Fred Rogers

And just like that, January is over. February is here! It's one of my favorite months. I.E. It's my birthday month and Valentines. It's also an excuse to eat chocolate.

The last month was a bit of an odd duck. I was under the weather last week and promptly parked on the couch. I did however enjoy reading and planning a few house updates. We sold our bedroom set online (within minutes! crazy!) and purchased a new upholstered headboard. I'm excited to simplify and cozy up our spaces.

Also, after months of considering a new paint color for our living area, I promptly drove to Lowe's at 5pm, bought the paint, and between Josh and I we had the entire living room painted by 10pm. And I L O V E it. I went with a soft, lighter color. I'm craving soft and clean and crisp spaces. Simple living at it's finest. At least for me.

We finished our re-do of the girls bedrooms. New beds, complete with quilts that they picked out, curtains and pillows. They have been giddy with excitement and will often be found just sitting on their new beds and giggling away. Their excitement is infectious and adorable.

Slowly, but surely, we are picking back up with little pre-school lessons. The girls love being read to even when they are playing, so I've been working through Little House in the Big Woods. It has brought back so many of my own childhood memories. I hope our time reading together ignites a love for reading and sweet memories for my girls.

Have a wonderful weekend, blog friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!