Monday, April 18, 2016

Lemon Balsamic Asparagus


It's spring. Which means lots and lots of fresh spring colors all over the place...which goes for our food as well! ;) I'm a fan of asparagus, and love trying new recipes with it. I made a lemon balsamic asparagus the other night and really enjoyed it. And the recipe was SUPER simple!

Lemon Balsamic Asparagus

1 cluster of asparagus, trimmed
1 teaspoon onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper (to taste)
1/2 Lemon (to taste)

In small saucepan, cook asparagus in water over high heat for 2-3 minutes to soften. Drain. In a medium saucepan, add vinegar, onions, and garlic. Add asparagus, and squeeze lemon juice over asparagus. Saute for 5-10 minutes until desired tenderness. Season with sea salt & cracked pepper. I'll be honest...we really like ours a bit on the salty side. Hence the reason, I recommend "to taste".  ;)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!