Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Travel Love: Walking In Memphis



We took the girls to Memphis for an overnight trip, and they loved it! When we arrived at the hotel, Evie gasped, "Oh, Thank you so much!!". She was so excited, she couldn't settle down enough to sleep until well after midnight. But, I'll take less sleep when I end up with sweet pictures of happy girls. They really are so much fun at this stage because EVERYTHING is amazing and new to them.



On the first night, we ate at the cheesecake factory (Seriously, one of my favorite places on earth!), took the girls on a carousel ride, and then Ikea. Our hotel was across the street from Ikea! Perfect.



The next morning, we headed to a local donut spot, Howard's Donuts. I always spend hours researching places to eat. The donut shop got rave reviews, and I can see why. I thought they were super moist and melt in your mouth. Evie and Ella loved it, too! I had the coconut donut, and it literally tasted like a giant slice of coconut pie. It was that rich and delicious!


After that, we headed to the local Botanic Gardens. I had no idea that Memphis had a gardens, so I was pleasantly surprised. I wish we had spent more time there, and I would love to visit again. It was such a fun outing! Besides the usually garden fan fare, they had a built in playground, tiny play houses, swings, and fun little areas for kids to play in. They went crazy!!


We also stopped at the Bass Pro Shop, walked along the river, and hit up Ugly Mug Coffee. I had an iced Salted Caramel Latte, and it was SO good. A bit more on the sweet side, so next time, I'll have to order half sweetener.

Places to note:

Howard's Donuts - Cordova, TN
Ugly Mug Coffee- Memphis, TN
Cheesecake Factory-Wolfchase Mall

5 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun weekend! The park looks beautiful and your daughters are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect trip! Those doughnuts sound incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coffee looks so good! Perfect for a pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a very pretty trip!! Even though rain can be a downer sometimes it's nice while traveling because then things are less crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always thought I'd love memphis! Not just because there are so many songs about it, but it just looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Has Moved....

 I have officially moved my blog.... https://thekindredschoolroom.blogspot.com Hope you join me there!! ~Heather

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, homeschool mom, and homemaker learning to enjoy the simple things in life. Which may or may not include a good latte, meaningful books, decorating my home, and all things French & Disney related. Thanks for visiting!